Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dry Scalp help




I found this the other day and decided to try it. So far, it seems to be working!!
I have dry scalp, not dandruff, but dry scalp. And no shampoos seems to be helping. So I searched for a natural remedy.

Here is what you need:

apple cider vinegar
peroxide
water
squirt bottle
tea tree oil (optional)

I mixed all this separately before putting it in the squirt bottle. The recipe is 1 part ACV, 1 part peroxide and 10 parts water. I used a tablespoon for measurements and the size bottle I had held 2 times the mixture. In other words, I did 1 tablespoon ACV, 1 tablespoon peroxide and 10 tablespoons of water twice.

I put this in my hair in the shower, making sure it got down to the scalp. I let it sit about 10 mins then just shampooed it out of my hair. For extra work, I massaged tea tree oil into my scalp and let it sit about 5 mins. (tea tree oil can be found in the ethnic hair care section). I then put regular conditioner in my hair and let it sit for about 2 mins, like I normally do. Then I rinsed it for about 4 mins to make sure all the tea tree oil got out. You can leave the oil in, but I didn't feel like dealing with potentially oily hair!! Today, my hair is really soft and my scalp seems to be doing fine.

ACV helps to reset the ph in your hair. It can also be used to remove any product build up you might have in your hair from hairspray, etc. If you want to use it just for this, all you need is the ACV.

Cost of my cure:
32 oz bottle of peroxide--$1
ACV--gallon bottle about $3 (not sure we've been having it for a while)
squirt bottle-- $.97 (found in the kitchen gadget isle)
tea tree oil 2 oz---$3

I got the supplies at WalMart.

No comments:

Post a Comment